Dragados Offshore is looking for a naval engineer/architect.
Ideally 10, at least 5 years of experience related to offshore lifting or subsea installation operations and/or equipment.
- German recommended but not mandatory.
- Microsoft Office
- Autodesk Autocad
Experience and profile:
- Experience with offshore lifting or subsea installation projects, either in operations or the design of offshore lifting and handling equipment. Working experience of operations or equipment design in line with the requirements of DNV-ST-N001.
- Experience with HAZID, HAZOP and risk assessments related to marine operations.
- Experience with offshore EPCI projects. Able to develop designs using Autodesk Autocad and coordinate with other disciplines (3D layout design, structural, material handling). Sufficient knowledge of offshore structural design and lifting and handling methods to understand constraints and propose workable solutions. Self-motivated and pro-active, able to manage multiple tasks and prioritize to meet deadlines.
Desirable but not essential:
- Knowledge of subsea cable or subsea umbilical installation including j-tube pull-in operations Knowledge of High Voltage (HV) cable connectors and fitting methods Knowledge of offshore HVDC converter platforms for wind farms Experience with subsea rock installation operations for the purpose of scour protection
Responsibilities and tasks:
- Review client technical specifications to identify requirements for deliverables.
- Review industry standards and codes that are applicable and identify requirements for compliance.
- Produce technical reports and method statements related to marine operations. Manage subcontractors, define work packages and requirements for deliverables.
- Produce technical specifications for subcontracted work and provide technical assistance to the commercial team in relation to preparation of contracts.
- Review technical documentation provided by subcontractors to ensure requirements are met.
- Work in coordination with other internal engineering disciplines to develop working solutions for marine lifting and installation operations.
- Manage interfaces with client and their subcontractors to negotiate the design of platform mounted equipment and structures that are to be used by Cable Installation Contractors. Identify new requirements requested by client / their subcontractors that are not included in contract specifications.
- Communicate the change and impact to internal stakeholders.
DNVGL (in particular DNV-ST-N001, DNVGL-ST-0378 and DNV-ST-0145) EN standards related to structural design (Eurocode 3) EN standards related to lifting equipment (EN13001 and referenced standards).
Interested may send their application:
- to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- to the following link: https://www.dragadosoffshore.com/HTML/index.php/submit-your-cv.html